Potential open data for your Future City Challenge solution
The teams must registrate to the competition by 3rd of December and the entries submitted no later than 31 January 2018. The competition is arranged by IBM, Digita and Etteplan and the challenges are offered by the cities of Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Oulu, Jyväskylä and Tampere.
Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa encourage the competitors to develop solutions that may also contain commercial potential. In the solving of the challenges, the participants are encouraged to utilise open data and interfaces.
Potential open data and apis in Helsinki Metropolitan Area
- Parking data, traffic signs, parking slots in Helsinki
- Register of public areas in the City of Helsinki, streets and green space areas
- Public transport data and timetables
- Metropolitan area travel time matrix, travelling times and distances
- National transport data, real time traffic information
- Digiroad, National real time traffic data
Find more: hri.fi, category Traffic and transport
- National Land Survey of Finland
- Finnish maps
- Helsinki 3D city models
- Maps from Helsinki Region
- Espoo 3D buildings
- Vantaa 3D buildings
- Buildings of Helsinki
- Register of public areas in the City of Helsinki
- Land usage permission system for public areas in the City of Helsinki
Find more: hri.fi, categories Maps and Construction
Climate and air quality
- The Finnish Meteorological Institute climate date and air quality data
- Solar energy potential
- Helsinki Metropolitan Area green roofs
Public services and city feedback
Events and public resources
At your service
Should you have any questions regarding these open data sets or like to request certain public data to open up please do not hesitate to contact HRI service (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can utilize all these open data freely and anonymously according to Creative Commons BY 4.0 license. However, we would appreciate a lot if you could inform and tell us about your open data use cases in order to advertise those at the HRI app gallery – just send us a message to email@example.com!